Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Poems I Like

Here are some poems I like.

RAIN.
BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON

The rain is falling all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.




A Good Play

BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
We built a ship upon the stairs
All made of the back-bedroom chairs,
And filled it full of soft pillows
To go a-sailing on the billows.

We took a saw and several nails,
And water in the nursery pails;
And Tom said, "Let us also take
An apple and a slice of cake;"--
Which was enough for Tom and me
To go a-sailing on, till tea.

We sailed along for days and days,
And had the very best of plays;
But Tom fell out and hurt his knee,
So there was no one left but me.
God Bless,
from
at

2 comments:

Saxon said...

You've been tagged

Autumn said...

I love the second poem it is one of my favorites.
Love
Autumn.